The mission of the Fort Payne High School Community is to prepare and empower students for both college and career in a 21st century learning environment and to ensure students will become responsible and successful citizens, workers, and leaders in our community, city, state, and nation.
Because today’s schools shape tomorrow’s workforce, our vision is to create a community of life-long learners focused on continuous improvement.
• We believe students, parents, faculty, staff, and community members are accountable and responsible for advancing the school's mission.
• We believe it is important for students to develop positive character traits that promote personal responsibility and accountability.
• We believe all students can learn and must take an active and responsible role in the learning process.
• We believe it is essential for students to attend school every day in a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment.
• We believe it is essential for students to attend school every day in a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment where teachers have high expectations for all students and where students have an active role in their education through both extra-curricular and academic activities.